Many of you are probably chomping at the bit for the fresh veggies and fruits that come with summertime. For several years now one source of such has been the weekly farmer’s market in Greenfield. This will be the 4th year of the market and several changes are being made to hopefully make things better.
First, it is being relocated to General Hull Way next to the freshly repainted City Building. Hopefully this will make it both more central and more noticeable. Second the day and hours are being changed. The market will now be on Thursdays between the hours of 4-7 p.m. You working folks will now have a better chance of getting there.
The rules of the market still require that at least 51% of what produce one sells have been grown by the seller and all produce has to have been raised in Ohio. They are still lining up vendors and the cost of a space is only $30 for the season. Just give Ellie Zint a call at 937-403-4790 to reserve a space or get further details.
The vendor list so far includes:
- Mary Jane Parker (Greenfield) – Assortment of pies
- B4 Creations – Simply Silverware (Bainbridge/South Salem) – Flatware (silver plated) made into jewelry and other items
- Clearview Farms (Greenfield) – Locally raised meat and fresh eggs
- Persinger Produce & Cottage Foods (Washington Court House) – Seasonal produce, jams, jellies, fruit butter, cakes, fruit crisps, cobblers
- Bye Gardens (Leesburg) – Seasonal produce, cinnamon rolls, sweet breads, cookies
- Dave Brust Farm (Greenfield) – Seasonal produce
- Morton Ridge Farm (South Salem) – Seasonal produce
- Christy Hoadley (Hillsboro) – Assorted craft items
The organizers are also trying to offer some free entertainment for the shoppers this year and are seeking artist, face painters, magicians, musicians, singers, jugglers, snake charmers, belly dancers, etc. who would be willing to display their talents on one or more evenings. If this strikes a not get in touch with Anne Byars at email@example.com.
I’m looking forward to the weekly visits and hope to see many of you there. This is a great thing and represents the efforts of many people. Like always, anyone who is trying to enrich our lives deserves our support.